Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dry wedding? How much alcohol should I prepare for my wedding?

I've done one dry wedding, and it was my hardest. The bride and groom were both recovering alcoholics and I understood why they wanted to do it that way. But it turns out that it really affected the energy of the wedding. People didn't dance.

Wedding Alcohol


It's unfortunate that we have to depend on alcohol to let loose, but we do. It took so much time to get people out and dancing, so much energy to get everyone laughing. People are inhibited; they don't want to be first in the buffet line or on the dance floor.

I would consider just serving wine. Or you could always try a morning wedding and a brunch, when people won't expect a band and dancing. (Serve great coffee.) If you do an evening wedding, the expectations is that alcohol will be served.

Try this online calculator to know how much alcohol you need for your wedding: http://www.thealcoholcalculator.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment